Friday, November 21, 2008

My New Kitchen Flooring 11.14.08












Arvil and I talked about replacing our flooring in our kitchen due to vinyl tiles popping up and starting to warp. But I never dreamed that I would come home from work last Friday night and have my kitchen in a total disarray, with a floor 1/2 way completed. Arvil had called earlier that day and asked what color of flooring that I wanted, but I didn't know, so I told him to ask for samples and we would then decide. Well, forget the samples, Arvil just had that "get er done" attitude...Arvil had been working at a friend's home for a few weeks being the perfect fix-it man. They remodeled their home 3 years ago and never seemed to finish it off. So Arvil had completed everything they wanted, so either he was really bored and wanted something to do, or he was in complete agreement with me that the floor needed to be replaced. By 7:30 PM, Arvil was done with the floor, the furniture was moved all back in and our floor looked wonderful. It's hard to know that it's vinyl flooring and not laminate, which is lying right next to it. It sure made our kitchen look rich and comfortable. The flooring was a little darker then I would have like, since it shows all the crumbs on the floor, but it's getting the best of me. I'm really enjoying the look and am thankful for a great handy husband, that is able to do improvements so well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep, it does look warmer...very nice!

Becky said...

Great job Dad! Way to be on the ball! I bet it looks great with your new dining room table too.

Daniela Anderson said...

What a nice husband. Are sure he's an Anderson?