Monday, December 1, 2008

Black Friday

Who would have ever known that I would get up out of bed shortly after 3 am to go shopping. With such a long day before and sore legs, Pamela and I decided to make a run for it. We looked over and over our flyer's, mapped out a course of action and hit the town.
I think we can honestly say that we were successful this year. Everything was able to be obtained with the exception of one item that didn't get on the stores truck, but they gave us a rain check.
Pamela even had to run through a store on her own, while I tried to park. The Lot was FULL. I don't think I've ever seen Shopko so busy...She even watched a store manager throw up. I guess everyone had to be to work (even the sick)...Arvil even came and joined up with us at 7 am, but held us back a little. We had to keep telling him to keep up. He found a few good sells too, once he got into the spirit a little.
We shopped for 6 hours and would have kept going if we felt lucky to leave the kids longer with their father and uncle and if Arvil hadn't said enough. But we felt we pressed our luck with the kids, so we agreed to come home. We did get the men to go out later with us to have the kids pick out a few things for shopping on Saturday. They didn't like the idea to much once they figured out that they had be bush whacked.
I can honestly say, that Pamela and I didn't have any run ins with any people this year. Everyone seemed pretty much friendly and willing to help each other out to a point. I think that the stores figured it out too, so aisles were clear and areas were ready for the many many people. We also got into rather short lines, so checking out wasn't to bad either.
So here's to everyone as you do your shopping, have patients, fun and don't get discouraged. The sales are out there, you just have to look...ENJOY! DON'T BE A GRINCH!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The hours really did seem to fly by! We probably could have gone longer, but there wasn't any more room in the car and dad was taking the pickup home...Hey next year we could do it in Tri-cities and watch the people groan as we try to get our tax-exempt totals!

Becky said...

I like Pamela's idea about being tax-exempt in Washington. It wouldn't work for me though, I guess. Glad to hear you two had a good time. It would have been fun to have gone along.