Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Post of Summer of 2011

As I was reviewing my children's sites, I realized it's been almost a full year since I last put in a blogs, so I decided it was time to get going and at least put in a comment for the year.

On November 1, 2010, we welcomed our 7th grandchild into the family, Natalie Klotthor. She's just an angel and growing every day.
But on the day after, we got word that my mother fell and broke her left leg and arm, so she needed/had to be in a Rehab center for 3 months. The fell, made a domino affect, which meant taking care of my father and seeing that mom had everything she needed at the center. Each of us children tried taking our turns with dad, coming in from all over the states. Dad not liking that mom was not around and that his schedule was turned upside down, took a turn for the worse, so arrangements were made to have him live in a assisted living home. Within 6 to 8 weeks, dad had given up hope and didn't adjust well.


So 2011 started off a little hard. Dad passed away on Jan 13, then 2 of my childhood friend's fathers also passed away with in a 2 month period, plus my brother-in-law lost his father 2 weeks after my dad, so they were very busy.



In February we were able to bring mom home and help her get use to moving around the home again. A few changes had to be made, but mom made a full recovery, something we wondered if would ever come about with the severeness of her injuries.

Come April, I turned 50, so I thought that I was really going to start falling apart, since it's been 20 years, when my eye sight started to go when I was 30. I had had different things go on and I didn't like it one bit.

Come June, it was a very exciting month, Our son Clayton got married to Kayley Scott on the 4th and we had a wonderful wedding in the Salt Lake City LDS temple, following with a luncheon open house.



Thinking I was Super Woman" I went in for surgery on June 8th between the wedding and the reception in Missoula, MT and had major complications, spending an extra 3 days in the hospital. With surgery comes time off from work, but nothing has really gotten accomplished accept sleep, sleep and more sleep, with a little laundry and dishes in between.

On June 18th, while Angela, Karen and Dane were in Hawaii visiting Darcy and having a grand ol' time, we had the reception for Clayton and Kayley in the LDS South St ward building. We had a wonderful turn out and they received many wonderful gifts and cards.


I'll be returning to work on July 18th for part time, then full time the week after. Then of course it's a week's vacation to go celebrate my granddaughter Megan turning 8 and being baptized into the LDS church.

What a wonderful time of year summer is. The outdoors are alive and filled with all types of flowers and animals. People are out, parks are filled with laughing children and you even are exposed to the people who like to let loose and hang out. More ways then you think. People are happy, so the sun must be essential to our happiness. Hopefully we'll be able to hang onto Summer longer then usual, since it started so late for those of us in Montana.

Arvil has been wonderful taking care of me, and even took me on a little get away camping trip over July 4th week-end, which came with more sleep and even more sleep. How wonderful to be outdoors in the wonderful forests that God Created.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always love reading you re-caps of events. Don't wait a year for the next one!

Becky said...

Good re-cap of the year. Hopefully we'll get another one before Christmas...(hey a girl can hope, can't she?!) :)