Friday, March 27, 2009

Being Sick

Well, In my last post, I stated that I was going to have a great trip out to WA/OR to see the kids after having several days of training at work.
Needless to say, the weather started to turn off bad and it's a joke at work that every time I travel it either snows or rains.
Throughout the day on Thursday, my co-workers kept a close eye on the weather for me and joked about how I would be leaving the next day and would have the worst of it storm ahead of me. Listening to us laugh and joke about it, my boss knew that I was exhausted from training, I had overtime and would be leaving for the week-end, since I would be working nights once I returned. So she said for me to take Friday off, get a good nights sleep and tackle the roads during the early hours instead of the late hours. I thought this was going to be the great to get out of town early...
To my dismay, by the time 8 pm Thursday night rolled around for me to start packing and getting the car ready, I was feeling worse...All I wanted was to go to bed. I had no energy, my head was congested, I had a headache up my right side of my face and I couldn't breath very well.
Needless to say, when I awoke early on Friday, I didn't feel like going anywhere, let alone driving in the bad weather. So I called up Mom and Pamela and broke the news that I wouldn't be coming. Then for the next couple of days, I stayed in bed or very close to home. My week-end was a complete bust. Even trying to attend church was hopeless, My sinuses would not calm down and my headache wouldn't leave. NO I DIDN'T GO TO THE DOCTOR...THEY WOULD HAVE JUST TOLD ME TO DO SINUS WASHES AND GET SOME REST...which I did do...Finally it dawned on me to use my rice pack from Karen and heat it up, so I did and draped it all over my face. I was actually able to sleep. Within three times of heating it up, my plugged sinuses started to open and the headache lessen. What a great help it was.
So after a week to 10 days of the crud hanging on, I finally start feeling back to my old self and things are going good. Pamela and Jon decide to come for Spring Break and see us after all, plus they were all healthy too, come to find out, they were sick when I was suppose to come over, so if I wasn't sick, I would have been later. So they came, we played, we visited, we ate, we sat around, and had fun with the kids. They left on Monday and Monday afternoon, Guess What...? I start feeling cruddy again, plus I'm in the middle of a week of training switchboard people and a new TPD (Temp person) for our department. There is no way I can call in sick and postpone all this training. So I dope myself up and make it through the week. Today, at about 10:30, I told my boss that I was taking my gal to train with another person and I was headed home. I really felt yukky, so to home I came and bed I went. Arvil was so good to be quite for me to sleep, but after 5 hours, I still felt terrible. My head is so stuffed and the headache won't go away again. I think it's the headache that stops me from doing anything. Since it pounds behind my eyes and my ears start feeling like they have an infection too, but I know it's just the sinus pressure.
I'll just be happy to have Spring come, so I can get outside and enjoy the air, YET, ON THE OTHER HAND, ALLERGIES WILL START UP TOO...I believe this might be a no win situation and I'm going to have to learn how to deal with being sick and stuffed up.

WELL I MUST BE TO SICK TO TYPE A DANG BLOG POST! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO ADD A PICTURE OF CUTE GERMS, BUT THE SITE WON'T ALLOW ME TO DO IT AND I'M TIRED OF TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT...MY SMARTS AREN'T ALL FIRING ON THE CORRECT CYLINDERS. BETTER LUCK TO ME NEXT TIME...

No comments: