Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Training

Well, I should say that I'm very tired and glad to be able to catch my breath for a minute or two. I have been training 4 different people at work. Day time and Night time hours. My body isn't sure what time I should be getting up, but I do know that when I do get in my bed, I really really enjoy it. As Arvil would say, "OOOHHH BABY!"

CMC opened up a new area called the Montana Breast Health at the start of this week. It is very nice and will make the women very comfortable when they have to come for procedures. With this happening, two more people had to be given a quick lesson in registration so they can cover the registration clerk while she's on break or early in the morning. Needless to say, I was told today that the gal I trained 1st was so overwhelmed that she doesn't feel comfortable to register the patients yet, so she takes them down to the ER registration clerk to do.

With the new center being built in the old ER entrance and waiting area, we received a new entrance to our Emergency, plus two new night girls to train. Training went fairly well, except for sitting on a stool for 12 1/2 hours in a tight, cramped work area. I was glad to be done there.
One of the girls came from the Switchboard, so I've been training a new replacement. The Switchboard girls do registrations on expectant Mothers and Babies, needless to say, she was a little slower catching on then the last 2 or 3 of their employees.

I believe tomorrow will be my first day in 4 or 5 weeks to be able to sit at my desk and do my other responsibilities that I have. I have a stack of registrations errors that must be close to 8 to 10 inches high. I have to go through them and pick out the ones that have errors that would cause a claim to deny, then enter the information into a spreadsheet for the person that made the error. This could be quite time consuming.

When I'm done with that, I get to start training another person on registrations that only received a little training to do his job, but has moved up into another position that will require more knowledge of registrations.

After that, I need to go back to the Oncology/Infusion Center to make sure the two girls I trained there at the 1st of the year are doing okay. It's hard to get everywhere.

It will teach me to think that everything will get back to normal or back to a routine, but because someone thinks they need some time off, I'll be working 3 nights in the ER next week. But good things do happen, since I'll have my hours within 3 days, I get to have Monday and Thursday off. So I'm headed out to see my mom and dad and get a fix of grandchildren. My youngest grandson turns 1 on Sunday March 8. My other grandson thinks that it's been long enough between visits and he's determined to have me visit, or he's coming to me, whether or not mom approves. So I'll be off and traveling.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a busy lady you are! I am planning to catch up with Karen the last part of June. Hope to see you then. Darci

Becky said...

The hard thing is knowing when I can call your phone and have you not be at work or sleeping...Bleh! I'd like you to get back on your schedule too! ;)

So when will we see you in this neck of the woods next?