Saturday, March 28, 2009

We're Going to Washington DC for Our 30th



With Arvil's and my 30th Anniversary coming up in July and unable to get off for it, we have decided to go to Washington DC in May. Arvil told me if I didn't make some type of reservations, we were going to be painting the house during that week. So at the computer I went, sitting and looking at vacation plans for hours. I was finally successful. I was tossed out, rejected and told the price went up each time I tried to confirm our plans. Well needless to say, even with all my frustration, I persevered and kept at it. Now we're on our way come Mother's Day...

I'm not sure exactly what we'll go see or do, but we're game for almost anything. We would also like to see the LDS Temple and possibly do some sessions.

My nephew, Brian and his wife Janice aren't to far from DC, so hopefully we can schedule time to travel to see them and Brian's mother, Linda.

Now that the stress of purchasing the trip is over, now the fun will begin for planning what we'll do. Arvil's sister Karen and her husband Dale went this past year and had beautiful pictures and only good things to say. Arvil said he's looking forward to going and seeing the many sights. One thing I can say is, "I hope it doesn't rain". The last time I was in DC in 1975, it poured buckets of rain and we were drying our clothes and hair in the Smithsonian's restrooms. One fond memory is the 1st time I actually saw fireflies when we had came back to Baltimore where my brother Mark and his wife Sandy were living after they were 1st married. The cute little bugs captured my attention and I'd love to see them again, plus other things too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay! I'm glad you were able to figure out a plan...so, sice we worked on your blog, I have decided that the black color for the font isn't that easy to read. We may need to change the font to a larger size or something...not sure. Want some of our rain???We've had buckets! But, I got my raspberries cleaned up and some pink bleeding hearts planted by my roses. Hopefully things will start getting better! Love you!